The Northwest Territories Sport and Recreation Council is pleased to provide funding for community recreation leaders or volunteers who wish to participate in professional development and training courses.
The purpose is to build local capacity and expertise in order to provide quality recreation services to Beaufort, Delta, and Sahtu communities. Priority will be given to Recreation Leaders wanting to pursue certification in the recreation sector.
If you are unsure of your eligibility, please contact your Regional Recreation Coordinator for clarification. The Professional Development and Training Fund is a program of the Northwest Territories Sport and Recreation Council and administered by the Department of Municipal and Community Affairs.
Applications for funding must be received a minimum of three weeks before the event.
- Maximum amount of funding per application is $2,000.00
- Eligible expenses include:
- Travel and costs incidental to travel,
- Course Registration Fees
- Facilitator Fees,
- Applications will be approved no more than two months in advance of the event.
- This is a reimbursement program- receipts and a summary report must be received by the Northwest Territories Sport and Recreation Council before any funding is released to the applicant.
Download the PDTF application form to continue with your application.
- Please ensure application is complete before submission. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Please include all anticipated expenses, whether eligible for reimbursement or not.
- Make sure you have completed the Professional Development Program Amount under the revenue section.
- Applications will only be accepted if they are endorsed and signed by a Community Government or School. The application must be signed by the Senior Administrative Officer or Principal. Individuals wishing to apply will have to get their application endorsed by one of the two approved types of organizations.
- Applications will only be accepted from Organizations that reside in the Beaufort, Delta, or Sahtu regions of the Northwest Territories.