Athletics NWT is the governing body for Track & Field, Road and Cross Country Running in the NWT.
Athletics NWT is looking for a Communications Specialist to support the communications and development plans of the organization. Reporting to the President, this role will help fuel the growth of the organization by delivering a wide range of compelling communications initiatives in a fast-paced environment.
This is a volunteer position. The successful individual will be required to work remotely to execute the roll.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Write, edit, and proofread new marketing and communications content such as press releases, email newsletters, tweets, Facebook and website posts.
- Event Support: Assist with the planning and execution of events, conferences. Social Media: Plan, manage and execute a content calendar across our social channels. Manage the overall social media plan by tracking and analyzing metrics.
- Content Management: Maintain and update websites, email newsletters and other platforms.
- Track media and online coverage of Athletics NWT and liaise with media outlets.
- Collateral Development: Manage the development of imagery, video, infographics and other communications collateral in alignment with the marketing and communications strategy of Athletics NWT.
The ideal candidate will be an out of the box thinker that can take initiative to work with minimum supervision. If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your resume to [email protected]